Seismic Structural Control Directory
Antiseismic Control: Structural Research Briefing
- Research projects related to the earthquake/wind protective building control techniques that are developed at the California State University, Northridge.
- Taisei Corp. (Japan) presents its experience in different antiseismic technologies.
Base Isolation Animation
- Holmes Consulting Group presents visual seismic analysis through animated samples.
Base Isolation for LA City Hall
- In process of seismic upgrading a high-rise building was placed atop a mechanical system of isolators, sliders and dampers called "base isolation technology".
Base Isolation: Origins and Development
- Some base isolation concepts, their research, and example applications.
BFRL Publications - base isolation
- Building and Fire Research Laboratory of NIST draft guidelines for testing of base isolation systems.
Building Research Institute (BRI)of Japan
- Information from Japan's major national research institution carrying out earthquake engineering and structural control research in buildings.
Dynamic Analysis of Base-Isolation Highway Bridge
- Department of Civil Engineering, University of Maryland online paper.
Dynamic System Modeling, Sensing and Control (DSMSC)
- The program of NSF to support research on the relevant fundamental earthquake engineering concepts and mathematical theories.
Earthquake Performance Evaluation Tool Online (EPETO)
- Educational internet site developed to facilitate potential users' effectiveness and to expand variety of buildings, earthquake exposure and types of seismic control devices.
Earthquake Protector (EP) plus Prestressing-Induced Frame System (PIFS)
- Being incorporated into a building structure, EP reduces an earthquake impact while PIFS increases survivability of a structure under extreme loads like a terrorist blast or hurricane.
Enidine technology for vibration control (Japan)
- Enidine presents energy absorption, shock and vibration isolation and motion control products.
Fluid Dampers as Part of a Base Isolation System
- Taylor Devices, Inc. presents its design application of damping devices.
Great Kanto Earthquake: Imperial Hotel
- Information on one of the earliest attempts to implement both structural and non-structural seismic isolation technique.
Intelligent Base Isolation System
- An intelligent base-isolation system, comprised of low damping isolation bearings and controllable fluid dampers, is studied in this online paper.
Isodamping by Taylor&Gaines
- Arrowhead Medical Center construction project incorporates base isolation and damper devices.
Kerckhoff Building, UCLA
- This project involves a 3-story concrete building and a tower portion extending four more stories which are upgraded with the help of base isolation.
Recent Applications of New Seismic Design Technologies in Japan
- The 1995 Kobe Earthquake as a Trigger for Implementing Base Isolation and Energy Dissipation Devices.
Research Results on Active Structural Enhancement
- Experiments on a structural beam element to control linear buckling phenomena.
Seismic Isolation of Buildings by EPS
- Earthquake Protection Systems, Inc. presents an overview of its major building projects incorporating seismic isolation devices.
Seismic Isolation of Industrial Facilities by EPS
- Earthquake Protection Systems presents its major industrial projects incorporating seismic isolation technique.
Seismic Isolation of the Marina Apartments, San Francisco
- Earthquake Protection Systems, Inc.: from experience.
Seismic Isolation System for Tokyo Port Terminal (Japan)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. developed the Seismic Isolation System for quayside container cranes.
Seismic Vibration and Response Control
- Abstracts describing research by CERF currently underway.
Simulation for Base Isolation
- Java-Powered simulation for a SDOF building model equipped with base isolation.
Simulation for Structural Control
- Java-Powered simulation for a SDOF system equipped with a mass damper.
"Stiff" Active Seismic Isolation
- Proposed LIGO-II Seismic Isolation System by LSC members at Stanford, JILA, MIT, and LSU.
Structural Control and Earthquake Research
- Washington University structural control for earthquake engineering research projects.
Structural Control Proceedings
- Proceedings of the 1994 First World Conference on Structural Control and of the two preceding workshops.
Structural Control Research at Texas A&M University
- Department of Civil Engineering presents current structural control projects.
Structural Control Research Online Demonstration
- Comparative shake table testing video of a regular building model and a model with Earthquake Protective Building Buffer. [Requires Quicktime plugin.]
Structural Dynamics - Seismic Response Control Laboratory at Duke University
- Research information on semi active vibration control methods and smart damping, magnetorheological, and electrorheological devices.
Structural Dynamics and Control / Earthquake Engineering Laboratory
- An overview of the ongoing research at the Structural Dynamics and Control / Earthquake Engineering Laboratory, University of Notre Dame.
Structural Dynamics and Vibration Control (9234)
- The structural dynamics and controls department of Sandia National Laboratories performs research in all aspects of dynamic modeling and control.
Teflon Sliding Properties for Base Isolation Systems
- Research data presented by M.C. Constantinou.
Testing of Seismic Isolation and Energy Dissipation Devices
- The Highway Innovative Technology Evaluation Center (HITEC) reports on testing structural control devices may be of interest for building applications.
Testing Procedure for Base Isolation Systems
- SEAINT presented research paper on seismic isolation for free download.
Vibration Control Systems for Buildings
- Takenaka Corporation (Japan) briefs on its development from "Earthquake Resistance" to "Vibration Control".
CE&AM RESEARCH HOME PAGE
Editor: Dr. Valentin Shustov
WIND ENGINEERING DIRECTORY
Last update: June 10, 2004