Investigators: R. Di Julio, R. Ehrgott, and V. Shustov.
|| The goal of the research is to improve the quality of undergraduate
education for students at College of Engineering and Computer Science,
CSU, Northridge. The study will
focus on the introductory-level courses in applied
mechanics, and includes:
· acquisition of laboratory equipment for high quality demonstration of
principles of dynamics;
· incorporation and development of laboratory experiments that
effectively engage students in exploration of the related scientific
· promotion of critical thinking and problem-solving skills that may
contribute both to undergraduate education and development of
possible future faculty.
| Expected outcomes of the project include:
· adaptation and implementation of innovative practices for courses and laboratories in applied
· faculty professional development in support of educational improvements.